Hypnotherapy is well known as an aid to achieving weight loss!
Hypnotherapy is a tremendous help for overweight people looking to lose weight because it tackles several different issues regarding the way they think:
- Change and Increase focus. Just as in Stop smoking hypnotherapy (see Stop Smoking) hypnosis and hypnotherapy can be used to retrain the brain to focus on achieving what you want and motivation to concentrate on your weight loss goals. You don’t need will-power with hypnosis! Poor self image plays a large part in comfort-eating and weight gain, and powerful hypnotic suggestion focuses on building your self esteem and confidence, which in turn helps you to connect to your slimmer self, leading to a healthier attitude to yourself and your appearance, and to new feelings of pride and confidence, energy, vitality, contentment, attractiveness, feeling slimmer – and weight control!
- Imagine and manifest the success you desire, instead of imagining the worst about yourself and beating yourself up with guilt. Many people comfort-eat as an emotional response, a ‘quick fix’ to their problems, usually followed by feelings of guilt and inadequacy. (“I wish I hadn’t eaten that”). Tackling some of these emotions, and helping you to feel calmer and less stressed, will reduce the compulsion to binge or look for that quick reward thereby giving you the weight control that you desire. Visualisation has been proven to be very effective in achieving personal goals
- Deal with hidden agendas. Many people have been affected by the way they have been treated in the past and the way this has caused them to feel about themselves. Hypnotherapy helps them to find and face these hidden agendas, or bottled up emotions caused by memories they may have forgotten but the results of which are still lurking in the sub-conscious. Once these emotions are released and recognised, a new and wonderful you can be freed, a new self allowed to be expressed. This makes it easy for weight loss to commence, slimness to take over.
- Build pride and confidence in yourself. Combining deep relaxation, visualisation and concentration with hypnotic suggestion we can replace and ‘re-programme’ poor eating habits with new feelings of pride and satisfaction about the way you look so that you start to lose weight easily and effectively. Hypnosis will help you to RELAX and REDUCE your stress levels as well as aid you to weight loss. Freedom at last!
Losing weight with Hypnosis – WHY LOSE WEIGHT?
Being too thin or too fat is unhealthy, but good health is about much more than just your weight. It depends on many things, including your family’s medical history, your genes, whether you smoke, the type of food you eat and how active you are. It’s therefore difficult to set an exact ideal healthy weight that applies to everyone.
Many people have a distorted perception of what constitutes a healthy body weight. We’re surrounded by image of glamorous people, many of whom are in fact underweight. Looking at yourself in the mirror isn’t a very useful way to assess whether you’re a healthy weight either. Most people compare themselves with others rather than by objective standards. And many people think so negatively about themselves because of their weight that it is difficult for them to change their focus from thinking the worst to visualising the easy achievement of a slimmer body.
Being overweight, and especially being obese, increases our risk of many health problems, including type 2 diabetes, heart disease, certain cancers, stroke, back and joint pain, osteoarthritis, high blood pressure, gallstones, fatty liver, infertility, breathlessness, low moods, snoring, difficulty sleeping and excessive sweating. As you lose weight with hypnosis you will not only feel better physically, but you will gain confidence in your appearance.
Being obese is not a cosmetic issue. It can stop us getting the best from life and put our health at serious risk. In fact, a report from the National Audit Office concluded that obesity could shave an average of nine years from our lifespan.
- In 2014, 58% of women and 65% of men were overweight or obese. Obesity prevalence has increased from 15% in 1993 to 26% in 2014.
- In 2014/15, more than 1 in 5 children in Reception, and 1 in 3 children in Year 6 were measured as obese or overweight. Children in most deprived areas are twice as likely to be obese than children in least deprived areas.
- In 2014/15, there were 6,032 Finished Consultant Episodes (FCE’s) in NHS hospitals with a primary diagnosis of obesity and a main or secondary procedure of bariatric surgery.
- 60% of bariatric surgery patients were aged between 35 and 54. 76% of bariatric surgery patients were female.
- In 2014, 519,000 items were prescribed for the treatment of obesity in primary care in England. That is 8% less than in 2013 when 563,000 items were prescribed.
- The net ingredient cost (NIC) of these prescription items was £15m in 2014, half the 2011 figure.
- In 2014/15, 36% of adults (16+) played sport at least once a week. 57% did not play any sport in the 28 days prior to being surveyed.
Although being significantly overweight (or underweight) is linked to a wide range of physical health problems, it is recognized that Stress, Anxiety, and low moods play a large part in causing comfort-eating, binge-drinking and self harming. Experts believe that lack of control over weight is responsible for more ill health even than smoking!